Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change a light "bulb" like this?

I have a kitchen light about the size of a dinner plate that is spiraled! I thought under the cover would be two regular bulbs but when I got the cover off I realized that it was a bulb unlike anything I had ever seen. It's round and twisted looking and I have no idea how to replace it because there's no way to unscrew it like a typical light bulb. Does any one out there know how to help me?How do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?It appears that the one metal clip has a screw in it. Remove the screw and clip. This will allow you to move the bulb to pop out of the other clips. Then unplug the wires from the bulb that come from the ballast. This is a 60's model florescent bulb that was compact in its day. Replace new bulb in reverse of the way you removed the bulb.How do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?Does it have prongs like a fluorescent light? It could be a long life fluorescent that pops into the contacts.How do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?Are you sure it isn't a Compact Florescent?



They're readily available at any hardware store.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluHow do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?I've seen some exactly the way you describe it but they unscrew like any other light bulb. They have white light - whatever you call it - Does yours?



I'd try again.. really.



EDIT: The ones I'm talking about are, as you say, the size of a plate. Not the very common ones the others are talking about. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen those in years.

.How do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?It sounds like a compact fluorescent bulb, it should unscrew, pull or rotate out



does it look like this:

http://one-change.com/blog/wp-content/upHow do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?I think it is called a %26quot;circline%26quot; bulb. Here is a link with a picture ( and it appears you can buy one from here as well if you want to)...



http://www.1000bulbs.com/products.php?ca



If this is what it looks like, the 4 wires are all attached to a connector. Pull the entire connector out of it's receptacle to remove the old bulb.



BertHow do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?it is just a round florescent bulb just pull it straight down you will

see two prong's where it plug's in two, just do it gently ,it is not hard to doHow do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?Those are T8 circline lamps. You will need to pull the plastic plugs off the lamps. They have 4 pins and fit very snug. You want to be careful not to break the glass.



You can rock them back and forth as you pull them off.How do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?The last answers are how you should do it. They are older bulbs that are available at home depot. Make sure you bring the old bulb to the store with you or you will be exchanging the new one when you get the wrong bulb.



Be very careful when you remove it because these bulbs contain dangerous heavy metals that should not be allowed to cut or otherwise enter your blood stream. In particular the inside film presents the most danger. Wear proper puncture-proof gloves when removing because these old bulbs are brittle and fragile when they are burn out.



You might want to replace the fixture though because these bulbs while efficient cost an arm and a leg to replace. You can obtain higher levels of efficiency with the new CF bulbs and it might be cheaper to replace the fixture with a new screw in type and another CF bulb. The new CF bulbs are cheaper also.



Good luck mate.How do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?The part that goes round the tube like a saddle, should pull out. (it will have two or four prongs). Then just unhook it from the holding clips. (the chrome clips)How do I change a light %26quot;bulb%26quot; like this?Wiggle and pull the two lamps right straight down together. They will pop out of the holding clips and off the pins connecting the outer one to the fixture at the saddle (fat part). I have two of these fixtures in my house. They work great. Replace both the inner and outer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment